Title: Director of Children’s Ministries
Start Date: June 1, 2018
Supervisor: Executive Pastor
General Description: The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for all aspects of the Children’s Ministry including curriculum, equipping and training volunteers, safety procedures and planning special events.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL SCHWEITZER STAFF:
- Is a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ, committed to a Christ-centered lifestyle of continual spiritual growth
- Is (or will become) a member of Schweitzer and is fulfilling the membership covenant through their prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness
- Aligns tasks and responsibilities in helping Schweitzer achieve its mission of Transforming lives by making disciples of Jesus Christ
- Shows and earns respect as a leader; is able to work harmoniously with subordinates, peers and volunteers
- Demonstrates high energy and productivity
- Possesses effective communication skills- oral, written, electronic and listening
- Is a strategic thinker and uses time wisely
- Able to identify, recruit, equip, and lead paid and unpaid staff to excel
- Keeps and maintains confidentially
- Leads boldly to make the right things happen
- Seeks continual improvement in ministry
- Safe sanctuary certified
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth-6th grade.
Collaborate with Discipleship team to prepare mission and vision of ministry.
Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate: engaging worship, deeper discipleship, caring hearts, and community impact.
Communicate frequently with parents, keeping them well-informed and creating an atmosphere of safety and trust.
Develop and implement a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
Recruit and equip volunteers with lessons, materials and training.
Teach children to find and follow Jesus Christ using both traditional and non-traditional methods.
Plan and coordinate special events.
Provide care-giving to children and families as needed.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
A visionary with a passion for helping children, parents and families find and follow Jesus Christ
High-energy, charismatic with solid organizational skills
Well-developed leadership skills; able to lead and develop leaders
Ability to make changes and solve problems quickly and under pressure
Effective communication skills
NOTE: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect general tasks, duties, and responsibilities, and should not be construed as all inclusive. The content of this job description may change from time to time at the discretion of the Lead Pastor and/or the direct supervisor.
Send Resume To: Jason Leininger, firstname.lastname@example.org