“The Gift of Faith”
PEOPLE OF FAITH WHO IMPACTED YOU
CHARACTERISTICS OF PEOPLE OF FAITH
Two things make a relationship providential: when we hear from God through someone and when we see God in someone.
PEOPLE YOU WANT TO IMPACT
November 1 is set aside in the Church to celebrate the saints of God. The saints in Timothy’s life were his mother and grandmother – Eunice and Lois – women who followed Jesus and passed their faith along to Timothy (2 Tim 1.5-7). It is good and right to give God thanks for those who have lived out faith before us.
As we celebrate the lives of those who have run the race of faith
We gather courage for the race that is ours to run
We look for the flame of your Spirit to energize our minds, hearts and bodies with power, love, and self-discipline
Let our voice carry the grace of Christ Jesus in our homes and our places of work, play, and rest
May Jesus’ victory over death put to flight our fears, and with confidence in your goodness we will run the race that you have set before us. Amen.
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him
QUESTIONS FOR GROUP DISCUSSION
A Resource for Life Groups, Sunday AM, and Ongoing Groups
• Who from your past planted the seeds of faith in you?
• Who are some of the people for whom you often find yourself praying and for whom you are regularly thanking God?
• Why might some believers feel embarrassed to speak up for Jesus in their daily life, and what should people do to overcome this fear?
• How do you attempt to guard your faith from growing dull over time?
• How is faith like work, and how is work a blessing in our lives?
Application: Paul’s letter to Timothy speaks to the most important legacy we can leave: faith rooted in Christ. Take time today to remember and thank God for all the departed saints who helped plant and cultivate the faith in you. Also, take time to pray for the ones who will inherit their faith from you, which is about the most important work we have to do in this world.