SCHWEITZER UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Assistant Director of Kids’ Ministry
Position Type Part Time
Education Level High school, some college preferred
Job Shift Includes Weekends and evenings
We seek an enthusiastic Christ follower to be part of the Kids’ Ministry Team. The Assistant Director of Kids’ Ministry is part of a team entrusted with creating and facilitating excellent experiences for children and adult leaders. The team is entrusted with fostering the spiritual growth of the children and families of Schweitzer United Methodist Church, and the community – at – large. A Kids’ Ministry Team Member should be dependable, resourceful, adaptable, compassionate, and energetic, and able to develop a rapport with the adults and children within the ministry. The Kids’ Ministry Team seeks leaders of leaders, who equip and empower others to lead children in their growing faith. Our team focuses upon:
- the spiritual formation of children
- partnering with and equipping parents to be the faith leaders of their homes.
- Growing our ministry as we reach more children with the message of God’s grace.
- Recruit, coach, deploy, and encourage volunteers
- Contribute to and maintain a harmonious, supportive culture within the team
- Communicate clearly in both spoken and written language as well as actively listen
- Aware of the needs of the local community in extending the reach of our ministry
- Committed to contributing to the spiritual growth of the community
- Lead, guide, and care for the children and children’s leaders of Schweitzer
- Pray for the children and families within our ministry
- Claim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- committed to a Christ-centered lifestyle and continual spiritual growth
- Exhibit personal discipline
- Attend Schweitzer United Methodist Church
- Lead teams as they oversee Sunday morning worship and classes for children birth through sixth grade and/or Wednesday night kids’ programming.
- Co-create opportunities for parents to grow as leaders of faith and for families to connect with other faith-focused families by providing classes (such as parenting with conscious discipline) and events (such as Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas Program, movie nights, bowling, putt-putt, etc).
- Co-Organize outreach events to bring more children to Christ (VBS, Fall Festival).
- Maintain an organized and inviting space for kids to worship and the team to work.
- Implement a strategy for meeting the needs of those with special needs.
- Communicate about curriculum and events to parents and the wider Schweitzer staff.
- Complete administrative tasks (i.e. attendance tracking, receipt collecting, photo release forms, etc)
NOTE: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect, in general the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position of Kids’ Ministry Assistant, and should not be construed as all inclusive. In addition; the content of this job description may change from time to time at the discretion of the Director of Kids’ Ministries, and the Pastoral Staff.
To apply for this position please send a resume to email@example.com.