Staying ConnectedAmidst Social Distancing
Sundays at Schweitzer
Schweitzer Church is currently suspending all in-person gatherings as we do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19. We do not know how long we will be suspending gatherings and will communicate our plans through this page on our website.
We will host weekly worship online. This online service will include music, prayer, and a message. We encourage you to join us each week for worship.
We encourage you, our church family, to stay in touch with one another. Sunday school classes, studies, and small groups may want to consider using an online chat to gather together. Also, consider how to continue to stay in touch with one another through phone calls, texts, and notes.
- As of Sunday, May 17 we are giving the “green light” for adult groups to meet on campus within certain parameters. Children and youth ministry will not have any meetings. Worship will continue to be offered only online.
- Any adult group meeting on campus will need to be less than 25 people.
- All groups will need to practice social distancing, by maintaining a distance of six feet from one another.
- There will be no food or drink served.
- The room and times will be limited, so any group wanting a room will need to be flexible on when and where they meet.
- We also encourage groups to continue to meet online, or explore offsite options.
Many in our church family may need additional help during this time. If you know of someone who could use a phone call for connection and prayer or may need help with groceries or errands, please call our main office line at 417-881-6800.
We also have opportunities for you to serve our community and to make a difference.
- We will continue to operate our Food Pantry and have opportunities for more volunteers to serve. Many of our Food Pantry volunteers are older than 65. We will be working towards a drive-through delivery system as well as a home drop-off delivery service.
- With Springfield Public Schools being closed, we will be working with our partner school Pittman Elementary to provide food for children.
If you would be interested in helping serve our community in this difficult time, please call our main office line at 417-881-6800.