Part-time Maintenance/Custodian Job Description
(15 to 20 Hours per week)
We are looking for a proactive, efficient individual who possesses or is willing to learn light maintenance/upkeep of our building and a respect for the religious and cultural beliefs of others.
Church Custodian Responsibilities:
- Working with other maintenance team members and church staff to ensure that all areas are cleaned and stocked with necessary items.
- Observing proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents, including wearing gloves, goggles, or masks and following written or verbal instructions.
- Observe proper safety protocol at all times.
- Performing light maintenance, such as changing light bulbs, changing filters, painting and making minor repairs.
- Performing custodial duties includes carpet cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping and wiping down surfaces.
- Assisting with event preparations, setup/tear down tables and chairs and clean up.
- Interacting with church staff and visitors in a respectful, positive manner.
Church Custodian Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Custodial and Maintenance experience helpful but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.; Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time; Ability to climb stairs and ladders proficiently.
- Strong communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills.
- Motivation to work independently and with others.
Must be able to work occasional Saturdays for special events.
Applications available in the church office at 2747 E. Sunshine Springfield MO.