SCHWEITZER UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Title: Communications Director
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
General Description: The Communications Director leads the Communications Team to design and implement the messaging priorities of Schweitzer Church in fulfilling its mission of “transforming lives by making disciples of Jesus Christ.”
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL SCHWEITZER STAFF:
- Is a devoted follower of Jesus Christ, committed to a Christ-centered lifestyle of continual spiritual growth
- Aligns tasks and responsibilities in helping Schweitzer achieve its mission of Transforming lives by making disciples of Jesus Christ
- Shows and earns respect as a leader; is able to work harmoniously with subordinates, peers and congregants
- Demonstrates high energy and productivity
- Possesses effective communication skills- oral, written, electronic and listening
- Is a strategic thinker and uses time wisely
- Able to identify, recruit, equip, and lead paid and unpaid staff to excel
- Keeps and maintains confidentiality
- Leads boldly to make the right things happen
- Seeks continual improvement in ministry
- Safe sanctuary certified
- Is or will become a member at Schweitzer and fulfills the membership covenant of prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain consistent brand standards for Schweitzer across all communication and marketing platforms.
- Lead communication staff to develop graphics, videos, print and other creative marketing content with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness.
- Work with executive staff to implement and communicate the vision and mission of Schweitzer.
- Oversee the work flow and work assignments of the Communications Team to ensure effective collaboration and consistent quality work.
- Communicate Schweitzer’s message to the outside community by developing creative strategies for local media and advertising.
- Manage yearly, monthly, and weekly communication creative strategies.
- Oversee social media messaging and strategy.
- Work with Worship Team for sermon graphics, promotions, videos and announcements to fit within the strategy and vision of the church.
- Coordinate with ministry leaders to ensure each ministry is consistently and appropriately creatively communicating its message and vision.
- Write, edit and clarify copy to ensure consistent voice.
- Manage special projects and all other duties as assigned
- Be fluent in marketing best practices, including content marketing, digital marketing and SEO, marketing campaign monitoring and management, public relations, community engagement, feedback gathering and social media management.
- Be able to direct and critique graphic and video design styles.
- Demonstrate excellence, time management and continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Proofreading and editing skills
- General knowledge of office equipment and Google Suite.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, or a related field preferred.
To apply for this position please send a resume to email@example.com.