SCHWEITZER UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Kids’ Worship Leader
Position Type Part Time
Education Level High school, some college preferred
Job Shift Includes Weekends and evenings
We seek an enthusiastic Christ follower to be part of the Kids’ Ministry Team as the leader of Kids’ Worship. The Kids’ Worship Leader is entrusted with facilitating an experience that fosters spiritual growth for our children preschool through sixth grade. The Kids’ Worship Leader should be dependable, resourceful, adaptable, compassionate, and energetic, and able to develop a rapport with the adults and children within the ministry. Our team focuses upon:
- the spiritual formation of children
- partnering with and equipping parents to be the faith leaders of their homes.
- Growing our ministry as we reach more children with the message of God’s grace.
- Create an energized atmosphere
- Promote different expressions of worship
- Contribute to and maintain a harmonious, supportive culture within the team
- Communicate clearly in both spoken and written language as well as actively listen
- Exhibit spiritual intensity to reach children during worship
- Committed to contributing to the spiritual growth of the community
- Lead, guide, and care for the children and children’s leaders of Schweitzer
- Pray for the children and families within our ministry
- Claim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- committed to a Christ-centered lifestyle and continual spiritual growth
- Exhibit personal discipline
- Attend Schweitzer United Methodist Church
- Lead worship services for preschool, elementary, and middle school groups during our 9:40 and 11AM Sunday Services
- Participate in Wednesday Evening Kids’ programming
- Maintain an organized and inviting space for kids to worship and the team to work.
- Complete administrative tasks (i.e. attendance tracking, receipt collecting, etc)
NOTE: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect, in general the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position of Kids’ Ministry Assistant, and should not be construed as all inclusive. In addition; the content of this job description may change from time to time at the discretion of the Director of Kids’ Ministries, Pastoral Staff and the Staff Relations Committee.
To apply for this position please send a resume to email@example.com.