Looking for a place to serve?
Office Assistants are needed in the church office to help answer phones, do small projects for ministry staff, and greet and direct people.
- 8:30am–12:30pm, either Mondays or some Thursdays
- 12:30–4:30pm shifts, either Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays.
Contact Mary Beth Owens at 881-6800 or email@example.com.
New Studies on Sunday Mornings
Beginning July 8, there are two new studies that you can be part of:
- “Present over Perfect” by Shauna Niequist is a five-session, video-based Bible study offering an invitation to a new way of living—full of grace, space, and connection instead of frantic attempts to earn and prove one’s worth. David Williams will lead this discussion in the Sojourners class at 11:00am, room 106.
- A study on the three key doctrines of Christianity: the Fall, crucifixion, and resurrection. Retired Pastor Mark Mildren will lead this study in the Navigators class at 9:40am, room 204.
Looking for a great way to get involved while having fun and learning valuable skills?
Traditional Service Sound Operators are needed. The audio team needs new volunteers to run sound for the Traditional Services on Sunday mornings. Training is available and prior experience is not required. Contact Vincent Nolden at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Enjoy barbecue, fellowship, and games!
A Young Adult Cookout will be held at The Johnson’s on Saturday, June 30, from 5:00 to 8:00pm. Come and enjoy great barbecue, fellowship, and games at their home. Bring a side dish to share…main course and drinks will be provided. Kids are welcome!
Praying, giving, and going for the Puerto Rico people
Vieques, a small island off the coast of Puerto Rico, received a direct hit from Hurricane Maria with the only hospital on this island of 9,000 destroyed. The Methodist Church of PR has plans to restore a church building and clinic in the town of Esperanza (Hope). Methodists across Missouri are sending teams to prepare buildings, provide medical access and resource supplies.
- PRAY daily for these efforts, the congregation and Pastor Alex Gerena.
- GIVE to provide a van for the transportation of mission teams ($25,000) by July 29.
- GO. We are sending teams this fall and winter consisting of construction and medical people to serve. Tentative dates will be announced soon. Interested persons may contact Phil Grafft, Schweitzer Coordinator, email@example.com.