The Way of Wisdom #10
Gathering Question How would you title your current season of life?
- What stood out to you in the sermon? What insights did you gain? What questions did it raise?
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
As Ecclesiastes 3 reminds us, as we go through life we go through different seasons.
- What feelings do you experience when you hear the saying, “The only constant in life is change”?
- How is grief a natural part of our response to change?
- Why can it be so tempting to focus on the past and wish for things to be the way they used to be?
- How can focusing too much on the past cause us to miss the blessings of the present moment?
- Why are we sometimes in too much of a hurry to get to our next season of life? What is the price we pay for that?
It’s dangerous to keep living as if the seasons of our life haven’t changed.
- How can failing to change as the seasons of our life change be a recipe for self-destruction?
- What are some of the biggest blessings of your current season of life?
- What are some of the biggest challenges/dangers of your current season of life?
- What changes do you need to make to maximize this season of your life?
The good news is that God is faithful in every season of life!
2 Corinthians 6:1-2
As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain. For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.
- How does it feel to remember that God is faithful in every season of life?
- How have you experienced God’s faithfulness in different seasons of your life?
- How does it feel to hear that “now is the time of God’s favor”?
- How might God use your current season of life to strengthen your faith and draw you closer to him?
- Are there adjustments you need to make to live this season of your life to its fullest?
Thank God for the different seasons of your life and for his faithfulness through all of those seasons. Give thanks for some of the blessings of your current season of life and ask God to guide you in living each season of life to its fullest.